The Ojai School of herbal Studies
Have you dreamed of learning more about medicinal herbs? Not just the piecemeal knowledge you can pick up from a couple books or websites, or even from a few conversations with herbalists, but real, in-depth, experiential learning? Have you wanted to find the kind of course that would give you a serious foundation in herbal studies—an extensive and practical knowledge of medicinal herbs, including their preparations, uses, history, and cultivation?
Now you can.
With the next session beginning in September 2018, The Ojai School of Herbal Studies will offer courses in the foundations of medicinal herbal studies. The 288 hour course will provide:
- A vigorous foundation course in herbal medicine, and in-depth education in how to use herbs safely and effectively, including terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Access to Earth Island Herbs’ beautiful medicinal herb garden, nestled in Ojai’s East End at the foot of the Topa Topa mountains.
- Tools for determining what herbs best support specific issues in various body systems.
- Detailed knowledge of herbal materia medica of 75+ herbs.
- Preparation methods for making tinctures, salves, lotions, etc.
- Cultivation – requirements, pruning, harvesting, compost/green manure, irrigation, and pest management.
- Diet, exercise, stress management and lifestyle support.
- Thorough grounding in the cultural and historical context of herbs for health.
- Empowerment in personal and community health.
Carol Wade has been practicing as a professional herbalist and nutritional counselor for over 20 years, and is a Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalists Guild. A highly experienced, knowledgable and warm teacher, Carol truly enjoys sharing her deep understanding of herbs with students and guiding them as they embark upon their own journey in herbal living.
The course is 288 hours total. The class meets one weekend per month for 18 months. The next 18 month session begins in September 2018 and ends in February 2020. Classes will be held generally on the second weekend of the month, eight hours each day, on the following dates:
September 8th – 9th
October 13th – 14th
November 10th – 11th
December 8th – 9th
January 12th – 13th
February 9th – 10th
March 9th – 10th
April 13th – 14th
May 18th – 19th
June 8th – 9th
July 13th – 14th
August 10th – 11th
September 13th – 14th
October 12th – 13th
November 9th – 10th
December 14th – 15th
January 11th – 12th
February 8th – 9th
Classes will take place in Ojai, both at the Earth Island Medicinal Herb Garden and the adjacent Krishnamurti Foundation of America campus.
Course tuition: $3600. Deposit of $600 is due by August 15th, 2018. Fee includes all instruction, materials and facilities, including Earth Island Herbs’ full-sized herbal specimen garden. Room & board not included.
Click the button below to register. Or contact Carol at 805-646-0693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the layered progression of the course, new students cannot be added after the first class weekend, and so unfortunately no refunds can be given once the course has begun.